When using SARS e-filing, on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers we had issues with documents and returns not opening correctly. These are solutions we have found after our own investigation as well with consultation with SARS. It is our sincere hope that the following instructions can help others experiencing similar problems.
If ITSA’s ( and other docs) on SARS efiling aren’t opening ( a message appears saying you need to upgrade your adobe software, even after you’ve installed the latest version), do this:
- Open Chrome,
- in the address bar type “chrome://plugins”,
- locate the Adobe PDF plug-in,
- and click “Enable”.
If returns (IT12s, IT14s, etc) and other documents aren’t opening correctly, do this:
- Click on “Tools” in menu bar
- If menu bar is hidden, press the “Alt” key to unhide it,
- click “Compatibility view settings”,
- and add “http://www.sarsefiling.co.za/” to the Compatibility View website list.
- *You may have to select the “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View” option as well.